Good Topics for Economic Research Papers: Current Problems You Can Analyze
Selecting a topic for a research paper often proves harder than writing the paper itself. Economics is a vast and interesting subject. Almost everything under the sun falls under its domain. A fact not much appreciated by other related and unrelated fields. Selecting a topic for a research paper in economics is as hard as it is easy! You can select from a myriad of intriguing areas and categories. You can take your pick from writing a research paper on a historical analysis of economic systems to the future of world economy. Yet, the most interesting discussions are those that are current and relevant.
Here is a compilation of hot and current offerings from the subject of economics:
- Do the benefits of college still outweigh the costs?
- Poverty, income and wealth distribution: Are our resources scarce in relation to our needs?
- Is scarcity real? What does it imply: Trade-offs or redistribution of wealth?
- Has “market force” lead to good outcomes? Market versus non-market systems.
- Has the 2008 collapse of economy passed? An analysis of pre and post 2008 market
- The best decisions are made on Marginal Analysis. True or false
- Health care and the role of Prices
- Is environmental pollution a failure of “Market”?
- Should there be a limit to the ownership of private property?
- Are banks necessary?
- Welfare reforms: An analysis of issues
- The impact of government spending on economic growth
- The concept of “Minimum Wage” How is it decided? How it SHOULD be decided?
- Economics of poverty
- World Food Crisis: Is the world short of food, or short of “markets”?
- Is poverty inevitable?
- Hegemony: What it means, what are the causes?
- Trickle Down effect: Where is it seen?
- Was Marx right
- Can huge charities solve any problem?
- Economics of disease and death
- Economics of pharmaceutical industry
- Is the crisis of “access capacity” solvable?
- Why is the world economy sliding down despite Quantitative easing?
- Are Keynesian policies a more viable method to deal with the current economic crisis?
These are just a few of hundreds of intriguing current topics that can be used for your research paper. The best topic will always be the one that is interesting for you, as your enthusiasm and involvement with it will seep through to your reader.
The Top 20 Unusual Economic Research Paper Topic Ideas
Designing a paper on economics takes time. From picking a topic to researching a thesis, creating an essay is an effort-filled process. To simplify this endeavor, students can use the following topic ideas. They can use one of the basic ideas or modify it to suit their class. Once they have found a good idea for a paper, they can start the researching process.
Best Economics Topic Ideas
- Is the World Bank still a useful organization for the global economy?
- How do Russian oil sales impact global energy prices? What effect do Russian political policies have on oil prices?
- Do cigarette taxes actually reduce the demand for using cigarettes?
- As biodiversity declines and endangered animals increase in number, what impact will this have on the economy?
- What effect does a stronger United States dollar have on the current economic recovery?
- How does the trade policy of China impact the United States economy?
- What impact do Middle Eastern conflicts have on the global economy?
- How does cyber hacking effect the economy? What role does hacking play in reducing ecommerce?
- What are the impacts of mobile technology on the world's economy?
- How did the Ebola outbreak affect the travel industry in Africa? How did it change the entire African economy?
- As the cost of alternative energy sources decrease, what impact will this have on the economies of Middle Eastern nations?
- How has the European Union navigated the recession economically? As an economic union of nations, have they weathered the storm better or worse than a standalone country?
- What are economic opportunities that are presented by global warming and climate change?
- What impact do labor migration and illegal immigration have on the economies of affected areas?
- What are the biggest economic challenges faced by the United States in the coming year?
- What is the economic impact of a new sports stadium on the host city?
- How does the Super Bowl affect the economy of its host city?
- What are some of Adam Smith's ideas that are more in line with modern socialism instead of capitalism?
- What are externalities that are presented within a purely capitalist market?
- What are policies that could reduce traffic in major cities? Which ones are the most economically viable?
Although these topics focus primarily on traditional economic topics, there are other thesis ideas that are non-traditional. From unintended consequences surrounding seat belt laws to the economics of the drug industry, students can write about unique topic ideas from the field of economics.