I have the same problem in my new Server 2012 running Exchange 2013. I used to be able to run all commands. Suddenly none of the commands, including Get-RoleGroupMember, is recognized.Here is the error message:
Get-RoleGroupMember : The term 'Get-RoleGroupMember' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file,
or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and
At line:1 char:1
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-RoleGroupMember:String) , CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
I checked the permissions and found that my login has the groups you guys mentioned. Any idea what could cause this to happen?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
When you add a new role assignment, you can specify a built-in or custom role that was created using the New-ManagementRole cmdlet and specify an organizational unit (OU) or predefined or custom management scope to restrict the assignment.
You can create custom management scopes using the New-ManagementScope cmdlet and can view a list of existing scopes using the Get-ManagementScope cmdlet. If you choose not to specify an OU, or predefined or custom scope, the implicit write scope of the role applies to the role assignment.
For more information about management role assignments, see Understanding management role assignments.
You need to be assigned permissions before you can run this cmdlet. Although all parameters for this cmdlet are listed in this topic, you may not have access to some parameters if they're not included in the permissions assigned to you. To see what permissions you need, see the "Role assignments" entry in the Role management permissions topic.