Food Service Worker Cover Letter
Food Service Workers are employed by dining establishments to coordinate food preparation and delivery. Aside from restaurants, they are also found in a variety of environments, such as hospitals, hotels, schools, and health care facilities. Typical work activities of a Food Service Worker are preparing food items, making fresh coffee, replenishing supplies, taking food orders, keeping inventories, maintaining cooking equipment, serving drinks, and reporting to managers.
Employers select cover letters emphasizing the following skills and qualifications:
- Food service experience
- Food hygiene knowledge
- Basic cooking skills
- Resilience and stamina
- Attention to safety
- Availability for working in shifts
- Computer literacy
Those interested in a Food Service Worker position can check relevant experience and qualifications in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Food Service Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Reese:
When I learned of your search for a Food Service Worker to join your kitchen team at Silverdale Middle School, I hurried to send you the enclosed resume for your consideration. With my previous experience in food preparation and general kitchen assistance, as well as my commitment to ensuring safe and sanitary working conditions, I am confident in my ability to make a positive contribution to your school in this role.
My skill set spans a multitude of areas to comprehensively assist in busy, fast-paced kitchens, from preparing ingredients and storing food to cleaning work stations and maintaining inventories. With more than 11years of experience providing food service support in school cafeterias, my complementary strengths in communication, customer service, and team collaboration are sure to make me a strong asset to your team.
Please consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Performing diverse kitchen tasks—including preparing and serving food items, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, washing dishes, and disposing of waste—as a Food Service Worker for Glenoaks Elementary School.
- Ensuring top-notch hygiene and food safety standards to maintain a clean, sanitary, and compliant school cafeteria.
- Documenting student allergies and/or food sensitivities to drive stringent adherence to dietary restrictions and ensure an unwavering focus on student health and safety.
- Maintaining an open, friendly rapport with chefs, staff, and peers across all work areas.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, coupled with my experience and my skill set, I am sure that I would quickly exceed your expectations and make a positive impact on your school cafeteria.
I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Erica L. Rivera
Prep Cook Cover Letter
Prep Cooks help with the preparation of dishes in the kitchen and gain the experience needed to pursue a career in the culinary field. Usual work activities of a Prep Cook are setting up work stations, following chef specifications, preparing ingredients, portioning meat, preparing drinks, delivering plates to waiters, packaging food items, collaborating with food suppliers, discarding leftovers, cleaning equipment and utensils, reporting to superiors, and making sure the kitchen is clean before leaving.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Prep Cook, essential skills and qualifications include:
- A passion for cooking
- Knowledge of health and safety rules
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Time management and multitasking
- Being able to work under pressure
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Flexibility and being available to work in shifts
Beneath is provided an example cover letter demonstrating similar Prep Cook assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Prep Cook Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Prep Cook, check out our more complete Prep Cook Job Description.
Dear Mr. Ferron:
Upon discovering your posting for a Prep Cook, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic emerging chef with a strong background and education in preparing food for a range of cooking techniques, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Fly By Night Restaurant’s goals.
My background includes preparing meat, fruits, and vegetables for chefs to maximize kitchen efficiency and, consequently, customer satisfaction. I have excelled as a Prep Cook with Barton’s Grill for the past two years, during which I have simultaneously pursued my Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts (which I expect to receive in the spring of 2017). Furthermore, I am adept at leveraging my thorough knowledge of food preparation practices as well as safety and hygiene regulations to provide an exceptional level of restaurant kitchen support.
Highlights of my expertise include…
- Slicing and cutting meats and seafood appropriately for a variety of dishes and cooking styles.
- Working across multiple food stations with various equipment—including salad prep, pizza ovens, and flat / char grills—to facilitate and expedite food orders.
- Measuring and complying with proper storage temperatures for frozen, cold, and hot items.
- Maintained stringent adherence to food and health safety codes and inspection guidelines, sanitizing all equipment and tools and ensuring top-notch kitchen cleanliness.
- Assisting in preparing foods for special events such as banquets and private parties.
My skills in food preparation have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Andrew E. Diamond